What Is Complex Care Management?
At Corewood Care, we recognize that each client we work with is an individual with unique needs. Complex care management seeks to meet as many of these needs as possible through comprehensive, interdisciplinary care that listens to our clients and adjusts accordingly. If a client has a current care plan, complex management will evaluate it to determine areas to improve upon so that each person can get the high-quality care they deserve.
What Is Considered Complex Care?
While care management also seeks to empower clients through individualized, holistic care, complex care management takes things a step further. It is ideal for older adults with chronic health conditions, mental health needs and other situations that may require more intensive services than is usual. Complex care explores every part of one’s daily life and looks for areas to improve quality of life. It may involve:
- Developing a specialized treatment plan based on existing medical needs and personal preferences.
- Offering health care support and information so that clients and caregivers can make informed decisions about their future.
- Educating clients and caregivers about handling medications, physical therapy and other potential needs.
- Working with a team of medical, social and community specialists to help better manage existing conditions.
- Using our state-of-the-art technology and data collection tools to monitor health and react quickly to changes.
Who Qualifies for Complex Care for Seniors?
There are no strict guidelines for who qualifies for complex care management. Most professionals consider complex care for individuals who need additional assistance in some way. They may have just been released from a hospital, rehabilitation or an inpatient treatment center, or they may have trouble navigating financial situations and cultural differences. They may live in an area that does not have the necessary accommodations to help them safely navigate their community.
Essentially, anyone who feels they may benefit from more comprehensive assistance than what is typical in care management should learn more about Corewood Care’s complex care management.
Learn More About Complex Care Management From Corewood Care
At Corewood Care, we pride ourselves on offering quality care from trained and licensed professionals. We listen to our clients when they tell us what they need and invite them to get involved with their integrative care.
Whether you’re exploring complex care management for yourself or someone close to you, we encourage you to reach out to our compassionate care team today. We will be happy to provide you with more information about how to get started with any of our care services.